Share and Business Valuations
Take the guesswork out of your deals
Valuations may be about numbers, but number crunching is just part of the equation. The real challenge is bringing together business, legal and technical knowledge to arrive at a valuation that all parties agree is fair.
Whatever you need an independent valuation for—new accounting standards, litigation, commercial or tax purposes—our team of experts can help.
BDO’s Valuations team will give you a robust valuation no matter how complex the case or information involved.
Our team includes published authors in the field and we specialise in share valuation in unquoted companies, intellectual property, unincorporated businesses, associated liabilities and intangible assets.
We also work closely with our forensic accounting partners to provide expert valuations for assessment of loss and disputed transactions, matrimonial and solicitors’ negligence.
Our valuations service includes:
- Valuations for international and US accounting standards such as IFRS2, IFRS3, IAS36, FRS25, IAS38, SFAS141 and SFAS142
- “Fair value” requirements under articles of association and/or shareholder agreements
- Intellectual property valuations
- Valuations under the Companies Act
- Commercial valuations
- Valuations in the context of Business Restructuring
- Expert and litigation support work
- Tax valuations for Capital Gains Tax (CGT), Inheritance Tax (IHT) and Income Tax.