Estates and Trusts
Estate planning, along with tax planning, is an essential part of personal financial planning. Changing personal circumstances as well as a changing legislative and financial environment make it imperative for everyone to look carefully at the way their affairs are ordered.
Estate planning is complex. Overlooking or neglecting any aspect thereof can create problems in the future. To prevent this, BDO has advisers who ensure that estate plans comply with all legal and personal requirements.
At the end of the line, some questions you should ask yourself:
- How and when should I retire?
- How can I protect my family financially in the future?
- What are the financial implications if I or any of my family emigrates?
- As a family business, how can I provide for those actively involved as well as those who are not?
- How can I prevent a divorce from becoming a disaster?
At BDO, we tailor your planning to fit your unique needs, stressing the features most important to you and including the full spectrum of possibilities—providing for your spouse or partner, protecting children, maintenance of minors and dependents, and taking care of elderly or disabled relatives.
Of course we also make it our business to ensure the tax efficiency of these plans and optimise estate duty savings, within the context of your own circumstances, priorities and preferences.