Hassle Free Statutory Formalities
Starting a new business? Have you got full knowledge of the changing legislation? Do you have time to keep up with the multitudes of statutory red tape? Probably not.
Through our Company Secretarial Service offering, we can ensure that you comply with all legislated requirements.
Our service offering includes:
- Formation and registration of companies and corporations
- Incorporating a new private company requires consideration of company law, taxation, commercial and practical matters. If all these aspects are reflected in the initial structure of the company, time, trouble and expense can be saved later on. We provide the following full service:
- Incorporating the company with your choice of available name from day one. Before choosing the name, we will check its availability and Company’s House.
- We will personalise your Memorandum and Articles of Association, to enable tax efficient remuneration throughout the life of the company
- For areas not covered by the Memorandum and Articles of Association, we can discuss the option of creating a shareholder’s agreement
- We shall arrange for all initial statutory Board and General Meeting minutes to be prepared and affixed in a minute book
- We shall provide a company seal
- We shall record the initial statutory details in the appropriate registers
- Conversions of companies and corporations
- Maintenance of statutory records—maintaining your statutory registers and minutes, attend Board and General meetings to advise you on procedure and to take minutes
- Submission of Annual Returns—filing all necessary accounts, forms, returns and resolutions on the public record at Company’s House
- Amendments to and registration of statutory details—advising you on the appropriate legal procedures to change the officers of the company, change shareholdings, amend the accounting reference date, declare a dividend and other matters
- Nominee Directors and Registered Office Facility—local statutory rules require that companies maintain a registered office address and to appoint officers, such as directors and a company secretary. On incorporation/registration, or thereafter, BDO is able to provide client companies with registered office and mail forwarding services and, if required, to appoint a BDO employee as nominee company director
- Voluntary liquidations—private limited companies have many attractive features as a business trading medium. Circumstances change and there will be occasions when solvent companies have outlived their usefulness and shareholders wish to voluntarily wind up. We are able to guide you through the company law formalities and tax obstacles of de-registering the business with Company’s House and the Zambia Revenue Authority
- Registration of taxes and levies
We are also in the best position to advise you on the most appropriate vehicle through which to conduct business—be it a public or limited company, partnership, trust, non-for-profit or sole trader. There are advantages and disadvantages to each of these depending on individual needs and aspirations. An incorrect choice can have unforeseen and expensive consequences.