TAX DUE DATES REMINDER
26 April 2018
Corporate Income Tax (“CIT”)
Provisional tax - Provisional tax as calculated on any return of provisional income under Section 46 is payable in four equal instalments as follows:
- 1st instalment return is due by 31st March and payment is due on 10th April 2018.
- 2nd instalment return is due by 30th June and payment is due on 10th July 2018.
- 3rd instalment return is due by 30th September and payment is due on 10th October 2018.
- 4th instalment return is due by 31 December and payment is due on 10th January 2019.
Final annual CIT return is due on 21st June 2019.
Turnover Tax (“TT”)
- TT should be remitted on or before the 14th day of the subsequent month of deduction.
Pay as You Earn (“PAYE”) and Skills Development Levy (“SDL”)
- PAYE must be deducted and remitted by employers to Zambia Revenue Authority by the 10th of the month following the month in which the deduction was made.
Employers are also required to pay a monthly SDL at 0.5% of the total gross emoluments payable to employees in a particular month.
National Pension Scheme Authority (NAPSA)
- NAPSA deductions are remitted to The National Pension Scheme Authority by the 10th of the month following the month in which the deduction was made.
Value Added Tax (“VAT”)
- VAT must be remitted to the Zambia Revenue Authority by the 18th of the month following the month in which the transaction relates.
Withholding VAT (“WVAT”)
- WVAT must be remitted to the Zambia Revenue Authority by the 16th of the month following the month in which the transaction relates.
Withholding Tax (WHT)
WHT deducted, should be remitted on or before the 14th day of the subsequent month of deduction.
To learn more about our tax services, submit enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the information contained in this news article is of general nature and is not meant to be comprehensive. Readers should not act on such information without seeking professional advice specific to their circumstances.
About BDO Zambia
BDO Zambia Limited, a Zambian Company, is affiliated to BDO Zambia Audit Services which is a member of BDO International Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, and forms part of the international BDO network of independent member firms.
BDO Global Network
BDO’s global network extends across 162 countries, with over 73,854 people working out of 1,500 offices. But they’re all working towards one goal: to provide you with exceptional service. That means local resources who understand your business and industry, backed by a truly global network. No matter where you do business, we have people who know your business. This is just one part of BDO’s commitment to delivering exceptional client service.